Policies & Guidelines
The following are the Privacy, Comment, and Contest/Giveaway, policies and guidelines set by Vancity Buzz. For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute, barter, or transfer any of your personally identifiable information to companies, organizations or other parties outside of Buzz Connected Media Inc. (“BCM”) and its subsidiaries (i.e. VancityBuzz.com) without your permission.
This statement covers BCM. Please read this statement carefully. Your use of BCM indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms in effect.
BCM is the sole owner of the information collected. BCM may collect information from our users at several different points on our web site.
In order to enhance their use of this web site, users can choose to leave comments on particular articles of interest. To leave a comment, users must submit information including a valid email address. BCM will not pass this information to any other organization. Please see Comment Policy.
Third Party Advertising
Like most standard web sites, we maintain log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, BCM may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
In the event BCM goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
The BCM web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, BCM, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by BCM.
Notification of Changes
How do I comment on Buzz Connected Media Inc. and its subsidiaries (i.e. VancityBuzz.com)?
To place a comment on the site all you need to do is fill in the comment form beneath the specific post to which you’d like to join the discussion. You don’t need to register or login but we ask that you include basic information like a username and email address. Including a link to your web site is optional.
Do I need to include my real name?
No, you can comment anonymously if you like. We don’t verify whether you enter valid details in the comment form. However, if there are any concerns or complaints about your comment we may be forced to remove it if we’re not able to contact you seeking clarification.
Can I use different names each time I comment?
Technically, yes. But we encourage you to always use the same name. We can monitor IP addresses and if we see a number of comments (particularly on the same post) coming from the same IP address but from different names this may be ground for removal if we determine a commenter is “pretending” to be a number of different people.
What can I do if I object to a comment on the site?
Since we don’t moderate comments, we encourage anyone to contact us if they have an issue with a comment.
Isn’t that censorship?
No. We have an open comment system because we aim to provide and promote an open channel for dialogue among readers of the site. Our intention is never to censor opinions. Commentary expressed in a civil manner will not be removed from the site.
Who can I contact if I have any questions, complaints or suspect comment abuse?
Please contact the editorial team at editors email@example.com.
Each contest entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to be bound by the following contest guidelines (the “Contest Guidelines”):
- Each contest is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located on the individual contest page (a “Contest Page”) and these Contest Guidelines.
- The Short Rules and Contest Guidelines may be amended at any time without prior notice to Entrants.
- A contest may be cancelled or removed from vancitybuzz.com at any time without prior notice to Entrants.
- Only Entrants who abide by the Short Rules and these Contest Guidelines are eligible to win a prize.
- Each contest is open to legal residents of Canada (unless specified in the Short Rules or otherwise herein), who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
- Contests are not open to residents of Québec.
- Contests are not open to employees of vancitybuzz.com or members of their immediate families.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to participate in a contest.
- Entrants are required to enter a contest in the manner indicated on a Contest Page.
- Entrants are selected by a random number generator (a “Winning Entrant”).
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Winning Entrants are notified within 24 hours of selection through @VancityBuzz on Twitter (unless specified otherwise on a Contest Page).
- Winning Entrants must reply to vancitybuzz.com within 24 hours of being notified.
- Third party prizes may be provided directly by the third party to the Winning Entrant.
- In the event that prizes are provided directly by a third party to a Winning Entrant, vancitybuzz.com accepts no liability for any undue delay in the distribution of a prize.
- A prize must be accepted as rewarded and may not be exchanged for cash or any other product or service.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Entrants agree to the provision of their personal information (to the extent necessary) to a third
party for the sole purpose of administering prize distribution.
Last updated: February 15, 2015.