Walk for Reconciliation: A New Way Forward
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
W Georgia St & Hamilton St
This is the final event of Reconciliation Week Vancouver 2013!
Come out and enjoy:
– Live entertainment, storytelling, song and dance before, after and along the walk route
– Multicultural food options at the post-walk celebration
– Come yourself — bring your friends/family — create a team
– Fundraise if you like, to support Reconciliation Canada’s work
– Registering allows you to set up a personal web page to help you invite others to join or support you
– 2 km walk available for those challenged by 4 km
The Walk for Reconciliation is designed to transform and renew the very essence of relationships among Aboriginal peoples and all Canadians. It sounds so simple, but just the act of gathering and walking and sharing our stories can join us all in a shared commitment to creating a new way forward in our relationships with each other.
It’s time to move past apologies and politics and money. It’s time to move forward. Together.
Our future depends on being able to simply get along, respecting each other for the unique gifts we bring. The time is now to show our children, our neighbours and even other countries that Canada knows how to get it right.