Phonix Funk Train
8:30 pm - 1:00 am
319 Main Sreet
The 70’s birthed a style and culture of music that, to this day, is some of the best dancing, partying and feel-good music out there. Vancouver hurts for a regular event that presents live 70’s-style funk and soul music (à la James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye etc) in a classy and respectful environment where dancers and artists can come together to celebrate moving, grooving and feeling alive!
My band, The Phonix, and I have dreamed up an event that will feature some great Vancouver music and dance talent and provide you and your friends with a great place to enjoy yourselves!
Here’s WHAT you can expect:
• Think Soul Train meets Motown Meltdown
• The Phonix Band – Vancouver’s hottest 9-piece funk, soul
and R&B band. Full horn section and plenty of soulful
• Project Soul – performances from one of Vancouver’s best
professional street dance groups (lockers, poppers and
• Dance-line à la Soul Train
• Guest performance from incredible Vancouver soul singer, David Ward
• Group dance lesson: learn some funky new moves
• Hosted by Alex Rema
• Drink Special