OMG Social Media Conference
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
500 Granville Street
The OMG Social Media Conference, a one-day learning and strategizing event held on August 15, 2013 at SFU Segal in downtown Vancouver focused on simplifying social media for 100+ small business owners.
We understand the daily struggles for small business owners who are a one-man business or are new to social marketing, so we want to help by explaining key concepts and guiding each business in developing a tangible social media plan for their business!
By coming to this one-day conference, you’ll receive:
1 OMG Social Media Workbook: Containing a strategy outline and activities customized for attendees to develop their own social media strategy. The conference speakers will walk you through the concepts and the social media expert at your table will help you apply the concepts to your own business. The workbook will allow attendees to absorb and apply the knowledge on the spot, giving you tangible takeaways.
3 Keynote Presentations: Sharing social media, trend predictions and inspiring case studies of brands leveraging social media to get you thinking of what you could be doing for your own business!
Opening Keynote: George Moen, Past President of Blenz Coffee and successful entrepreneur
Lunch Keynote: Digital and Social Communications representative from TELUS
3 Speaker Sessions: Presenting critical social media topics, covering everything you need to know to create effective social media strategies and grow your brand online. Speakers will make sure the sessions are engaging and interactive by combining the presentation with activities in your work book.
– Setting goals and interpreting analytics: Conner Galway, Director of Junction Creative and Digital Strategy Teacher at Capilano University
– Building a community and finding influencers: Meena Sandhu, Marketing Manager at ING DIRECT, Owner of GetFresh Marketing and Design
– Developing a content strategy: Bosco Anthony, Entrepreneur and Business Growth Strategist
10 Social Media Expert-Led Discussions: Learn about key social media topics or platforms by joining the conversations that are the most relevant to you. In 15 minute intervals, local social media experts will help you understand everything you need to know for each specific topic.
– Dennis Pang, Chief Marketing Strategist at Popcorn
– Stephanie Wiriahardja, HootSuite Community Manager and Creative Director at Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran
– Nicole van Zanten, Social Media Coordinator at Canucks Sports
– Cijaye DePradine, Digital Marketing Expert
– Nick Routley, Founding Partner and Creative Strategist at Popcorn
– Ryan Whyte, Digital Advertising Director at Junction CS
Best Practises Think-Tank Session: Bringing together specific groups of attendees in similar industries, you can connect with like-minded people, discuss common challenges and discover best practices so you can walk away with ideas and solutions from your peers in similar industries for your business.
PLUS, receive one month of HootSuite Pro FREE and a delegate bag filled with other great bonuses!
Don’t miss out on this social media conference which happens only once a year!
Sign up now or visit www.omgsocialmedia.ca for more information about the conference agenda, session topics and speakers at our conference.
Vancity Buzz is a proud sponsor of the OMG Social Media Conference.