Good Money Mob – Mob The Drive
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Supporting local businesses helps build a strong local economy. Be part of the Good Money™ Mob and shop locally this holiday season.
Join us for food, entertainment, activities and prizes while you shop The Drive!
Where: Commercial Drive, Vancouver (between Venables Street and E. 13th Avenue)
When: Saturday, December 7, noon to 4 p.m.
WHY SHOP LOCALLY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?
– BC independent retailers and restaurants produce more jobs and spend more on wages than chain competitors with equal revenue.
– BC independent retailers and restaurants recirculate 2.6 times as much revenue in the local economy as chain competitors.
– If we shifted just 10% of our household spending to local businesses, we could create $6 billion in local economic activity.
Ok, so enough of the economics lesson – come out and have some fun, enjoy some music, meet local business owners, find great gifts and enter to win lots of prizes.
PRIZES AND FREEBIES
– Grab a Good Money Mob passport along The Drive, visit the listed local businesses and be eligible for a gift.
– Tell us who your favourite local Drive business is for chance to win a $50 Vancity Visa Gift Card AND help your favourite local Drive business win $250.
– Visit the following 4 stores on the hour for a chance to win an amazing prize from some of our great local businesses:
1 pm – dandelion KIDS, 1206 Commercial Drive
2 pm – LaLa’s in The Cove (on The Drive) , 1748 Commercial
3 pm – Dream Designs , 956 Commercial Drive
4 pm – REACH Community Health Centre, 1145 Commercial Drive
GETTING TO THE GOOD MONEY MOB
As parking along The Drive is limited, we encourage all mobbers and shoppers to use public transit, walk or bike!
THE GOOD MONEY MOB IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY…
Commercial Drive BIA
Commercial Drive is a unique neighbourhood and shopping district within Vancouver. The majority of the 400businesses on The Drive, are truly local because they are single location and owner-operated. This makes the products, services and experiences they offer unique.
LOCO and Buy Local Week
LOCO is a non-profit organization committed to shifting purchasing towards local businesses, whether it is consumer, business or institution/gov’t spending. As part of raising consumer awareness about the contributions that local business bring to our economy, LOCO coordinates Buy Local Week in BC.
As a community credit union we understand the power of local dollars. Our members’ deposits turn into member loans, so that more wealth gets invested, shared and spent in our communities. It’s called the local multiplier. And it creates strong businesses, communities and economies. Learn how Vancity invests in the local economy.