Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- The Sun on how some B.C. restaurants are “waiting out” the current qualified worker shortage.
- Do you have some room in your heart (and belly) to love some “ugly” oysters?
- Foodgressing has a great write-up on what was at the recent Grocery & Specialty Food West exhibition in Vancouver, including the 2016 Top 10 Most Innovative New Products.
- Vancouver’s own Food Gays have a new gig at the Courier as food columnists and recipe testers.
- Are bugs the new kale? (I hope not.)
- Ladies and gentlemen: The Doughnut Chip.
- Our top stories this week: Victoria’s Jam Cafe opens up a Vancouver location, Sugar ‘n Ice is a sweet spot in Richmond, Brewery & the Beast 2016 is set for July, a guide to dining out in Vancouver when you’re high, where to find the best slices of cake in town, five newer B.C. wineries to keep your eyes on, a beer tour of East Van, and an edible art exhibit.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!