Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Looking for a new kind of gelato to keep you cool this summer? Bella Gelateria has announced they’ll be scooping Gelato di Bufala or water buffalo milk gelato.
- The review is in: The Sun’s Mia Stainsby likes most of what’s being ladled up at Ramen Gojiro.
- Big news in the local wine game: Chambar’s award-winning sommelier (and Vancity Buzz wine columnist) Jason Yamasaki is stepping into a big new gig at JOEY and their growing empire of restaurants.
- According to new research, Canadians are inclined to be okay with paying more for food if it’s locally sourced, reports CTV.
- Interesting piece in Business in Vancouver about the rise of the online influencer–certainly something that’s having a heyday in the food world.
- Our top food stories this week: Yaletown gets a Tacofino, where to get great gyoza, Pepper Lunch sizzles on Cambie, the oldest restaurants in Vancouver, two TAPShacks are coming, and where to find yummy rice bowls in the city.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!