What’s better than a 5 km run with your friends? A 5 km run with your friends hurling handfuls of coloured powder at you, is what. Colour runs are a great way to get the lead out while having some fun along the way, and they’re gaining in popularity around the world.
Here are three colour runs in Metro Vancouver.
- What: The Surrey edition of Color Me Rad Tour, will take place at the Cloverdale Rodeo grounds. Take a jaunt around Surrey and return a hundred times more colourful than you were when you left. For all participants there are free t-shirts, Goo Guard phone cases, and a great time with friends and with your community.
- Where: Cloverdale Rodeo – 6050 176 Street, Surrey
- When: Saturday, May 14
- What: Starting at the UBC Thunderbird Stadium, Color Me Rad Vancouver is the local edition of an international phenomenon. Participants are encouraged to wear white clothing, some protective and awesome looking shades, and come down to get a bunch of corn starch based colour powder thrown in their faces. It’s all in the name of fun, so don’t worry about beating your personal 5K best.
- Where: UBC Thunderbird Stadium – 6288 Stadium Road, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, July 30
- What: The original colour run, with an event this summer right here in Vancouver. Like other events, fun is the name of the game, and The Color Run has been bringing this rousing events to places around the world.
- Where: TBA
- When: Saturday, September 24