Before you bust out your dancing shoes and hit the weekend running, enjoy a few of the events happening in Vancouver tonight.
The Vancouver Event Calendar has more.
- What: A pop-punk evening for the jumpy, rock-lover inside all of us. Marianas Trench with guests Walk Off the Earth and Kieran Mercer.
- Where: Pacific Coliseum – Hastings Park, 100 North Renfrew, Vancouver
- When: Friday, April 8; 6 p.m.
- What: The first day of Vancouver’s South African Film Festival features The Shore Break from director Ryley Grunenwald.
- Where: SFU Goldcorp Centre for the Arts – 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, April 8; 7 p.m.
- What: Celebrating three decades of David Lynch’s landmark film. It’s wild, it’s weird, and it’s a legendary piece of art.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, April 8; 8:45 p.m.
- What: Sea to Sky explores the nature of the Vancouver’s majestic mountains and stunning shorelines. Music from Lauridsen, Ešenvalds, and Kodaly rub shoulders with pop songs and spiritual music, paying homage to the beauty of the West Coast.
- Where: Ryerson United Church – 2195 West 45th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Friday, April 8; 8 p.m.