Canucks winger Jannik Hansen will get his first chance to participate in a best-on-best tournament this September, after being named to the Team Europe roster for the World Cup of Hockey.
The European team, comprised of players from countries other than Sweden, Finland, Russia, and the Czech Republic, is unlike any other team we have seen in international competition in hockey.
All teams must name their first 16 players today and complete their 23-man roster by June 1. Today’s roster is comprised of players from seven countries: Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, Slovenia, Austria, and Norway.
This will be a unique chance for players from non-world hockey powers to truly compete for a chance to win the tournament.
- Frederik Andersen, Anaheim Ducks
- Jaroslav Halak, New York Islanders
- Zdeno Chara, Boston Bruins
- Roman Josi, Nashville Predators
- Dennis Seidenberg, Boston Bruins
- Andrej Sekera, Edmonton Oilers
- Mark Streit, Philadelphia Flyers
- Mikael Boedker, Colorado Avalanche
- Leon Draisatl, Edmonton Oilers
- Jannik Hansen, Vancouver Canucks
- Marian Hossa, Chicago Blackhawks
- Anze Kopitar, Los Angeles Kings
- Frans Nielsen, New York Islanders
- Tomas Tatar, Detroit Red Wings
- Thomas Vanek, Minnesota Wild
- Mats Zuccarello, New York Rangers