You always hear people say Vancouver is a “no fun city.” They obviously didn’t know about these awesome events happening all across town. Let’s fix that.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Singer/songwriter Nathaniel Rateliff hits the Commodore Ballroom tonight with the Night Sweats. Forming in 2013, the band catapulted into the public eye with singles like “S.O.B.” and “Look It Here.”
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 21; 7 p.m.
- What: Learn about the various bird species that inhabit Stanley Park, while learning basic taxidermy techniques. Bet you didn’t think this was how you’d be spending your evening, but a new skill is a new skill!
- Where: Stanley Park Pavilion – 610 Pipeline Road, Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 21; 6 to 8 p.m.
- What: Michael Fassbender stars in this interpretation of William Shakespeare’s classic tale of ambition, war, and destiny. We all know it, now see it like you’ve never seen it before.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 21; 6:30 p.m.
- What: Learn the ancient art of Shaolin style Kung Fu from practitioner and instructor Matthias Klenk. Part work out, part meditation, part fighting system, a good Shaolin teacher is hard to find. Don’t miss your chance.
- Where: Capoeira Ache Brasil – 341 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 21; 5:15 p.m.