It’s about time for a weekend, don’t you say? Kick things off the right way with a few of these events happening in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Front man Jett Pace heads up Old Man Canyon, Vancouver’s seminal electronic folk rock group. Mumford and Sons meets M83, Iron and Wine meets Fatboy Slim. Probably a terrible description, but a unique and wonderful band.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 15; Doors 7 p.m. / Show 8 p.m.
- What: This weekend is your last chance to enjoy the annual Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Gardens. Millions of lights adorn the beautiful foliage, enjoyed by thousands of visitors every year. They won’t be back for a long time, so get your visit in now.
- Where: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 15 to Sunday, January 17; Sundown until 8 p.m.
- What: A graphic, infamous depiction of the physical acts that define so much of our lives. Love is a no-holds-barred look at love, life, sex, and what those things mean to us. It’s never been shown in Vancouver before, but know that this one is definitely adults only.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 15; 10:20 p.m.
- What: The 14th season of one of Vancouver’s most popular food festivals. A mind boggling 288 restaurants are taking part in Dine Out Vancouver, opening their doors to the food lovers across the Lower Mainland, with 40 new food options. Give in to your gluttonous side.
- Where: Various venues
- When: Friday, January 15 to Thursday, January 21
- What: A trip the movies for the young ones in your life. Hit up the Renfrew Branch of the Vancouver Public Library for a screening of Charlotte’s Web. This classic family film shows the life of ambitious Wilbur the pig and the spider that makes him a star.
- Where: Vancouver Public Library Renfrew Branch – 2969 East 22 Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 15; 3:30 to 5 p.m.