Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- The best Chicken Curry out there is from Vancouver’s Vikram Vij, says the Ottawa Citizen.
- Meanwhile, overseas, new sales figures show fans of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs in the UK were not liking the treat’s new recipe last year.
- Hey, that was my lunch! Vancouver Foodster recaps a terrific lunch at Cibo Trattoria (which was among our picks for the city’s best Italian).
- Remember Score on Davie’s December Checkmate Caesar fundraiser? They let us know it brought in $3440 for the food bank. Cheers to that!
- Check out this awesome reply to a Craigslist ad from an unspecified Vancouver restaurant looking for some free talent.
- We’re getting a new restaurant with a no-tipping policy, and now Seattle’s Tom Douglas is dropping tipping at all his restaurants. Is this a trend we missed out on?
- VanMag reviews Bistro Verde, and wonders if it stacks up to the high bar Nordstrom sets for itself.
- Our biggest stories this week: Where to take cooking classes in Vancouver, the Hot Chocolate Festival is back for 2016, Vancouver’s cat cafe has cats again, Starbucks activates pay-ahead via app in Vancouver, the city’s best Italian food, the 38th annual Vancouver International Wine Fest happens soon, and six food trends to watch for this year.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.