Airbnb has just about every property type you can imagine: tree houses, igloos, caves, lighthouses, and even tropical islands. But one B.C. property has made the list of the most wished-for accommodations in the world.
The Unique Cob Cottage on Mayne Island is ranked the 4th most desirable accommodation out of 2 million available on the site. It’s a charming little one-bedroom cottage reminiscent of a Disney film setting that runs for $140 a night and was hand sculpted with “local, sustainable natural materials”.
Airbnb’s list comes from data analysis of their user’s Wish Lists – a tool that lets anyone save properties they would like to one day visit. They compiled the top 10 most desired locations from more than 2 million listings in 190 countries.
“When people travel on Airbnb, they want to experience something delightful, something off the beaten path. A penchant for fantasy is evident when examining the most Wish Listed properties by type. The adventure of an outdoor treehouse is by far the most popular type of property on Wish Lists. Others cannot wait to snuggle up with igloos being the second most popular property type on Wish Lists,” says the company.
Among the top 10 list were also a tree house in Atlanta, Georgia, the Seashell house in Mexico, a Pirates of the Carribean-themed home in California, and a tree house in Bali.
Airbnb’s Top 10 Most Wished Properties
- Secluded Intown Treehouse in Atlanta, Georgia
- The Seashell House ~ Casa Caracol in Mexico
- Casa Barthel in Tuscany, Italy
- Unique Cob Cottage in Mayne Island, BC, Canada
- Aroma(n)tica TreehouseinMonferrato in San Salvatore Monferrato, Alessandria, Italy
- Mushroom Dome Cabin in Aptos, CA
- Pirates of the Caribbean Getaway in Topanga Canyon, CA
- Balian Treehouse with private pool in Bali
- Brand New Mini Loft in Rome, Italy
- Off the Gridit House, in Pioneertown, CA