Viking metal masters Amon Amarth come to the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver May 16, on a world tour with Canadian stops in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
Amon Amarth are the best known name in Viking Metal, and their powerful lyrics have taken them to the top of the bloody game. Amon Amarth was founded in 1992 in Sweden, and named for one of the alternate names for Mount Doom, from Lord of the Rings.
Their name is a good hint at their subject matter, with album titles like The Twilight of the Thunder God, and With Oden On Our Side. Their brand new album Jomsviking was released this year, and a worldwide tour is in order for these kings to survey their kingdom.
Amon Amarth 2016 Canadian tour dates
- Thursday, April 28 – Quebec City, QC – Imperial
- Friday, April 29 – Montreal, QC – Metropolis
- Saturday, April 30 – Toronto, ON – Danforth Music Hall
- Thursday, May 12 – Winnipeg, MB – Garrick Centre
- Friday, May 13 – Saskatoon, SK – O’Brians Event Centre
- Saturday, May 14 – Calgary, AB – MacEwan Ballroom
- Monday, May 16 – Vancouver, B.C. – Commodore Ballroom
Tickets are available Friday, January 29 via Live Nation.
When: Monday, May 16
Time: Doors 7 p.m. / Show 8 p.m.
Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
Price: $39.50 via Live Nation