B.C.’s newest winter playground, the Sea to Sky Gondola in Squamish, opens daily this month for the winter season. A quick shuttle (daily from Vancouver) or drive north along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway will see you arrive at the base of the gondola for the 10-minute ride to the top of Mount Habrich, over 885 metres above sea level, where trails and decks await.
On December 4, The Spirit of Christmas Series launches with holiday events for all ages, and for all weather – rain, shine, or snow. Events and activities planned include:
- Visit from Santa on December 5 and 6 for pancakes and photos
- Weekly story time sessions in the Summit Lodge, Monday and Thursday mornings from December 7 to 24
- 12 Days of Christmas Family Tour running daily
For adults wanting to spend a little more time with nature, you can walk or snowshoe the decorated Spirit Trail, explore sightseeing trails, and slide at the tube park (weather permitting). Or if you want to stay in and admire the views, take advantage of Fondue dinners (December 11, 12, 27) or the monthly Taste of Europe Wine Pairing Series (December 18) featuring Italian food and wine.
Ride the #SeaToSkyGondola as many times as you like with a pair of adult winter passes. Soak up views of Howe Sound and Coastal mountain range while enjoying a cozy breakfast, lunch or dinner inside the Summit Lodge.
Experience the Taste of Europe Wine Pairing Series on December 18 with a pair of tickets. Enjoy a five course wine pairing dinner featuring Italian wine and cuisine in the Summit Lodge, hosted by Sea to Sky Gondola’s Executive Chef, Barb Foster, and a guest wine expert.
The pair of winter passes and dinner series package is valued at $430.
To enter to win, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a $430 bundle to experience the @SeaToSkyGondola via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/Voipj RT to Enter! #VCB12Days
2. Follow us on Instagram – @VancityBuzz. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Sign up for our Weekly Buzz newsletter: (1 entry)
4. Leave a comment below telling us your favourite thing about British Columbia. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on December 16, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random, contacted through the platform they enter by, and announced in post announcing all winners on December 18.
Want to enter more 12 Days of Giveaways contests? Click here.