Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do around Metro Vancouver today, Wednesday, December 9.
More more city happenings, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, December 9; 7 p.m.
- What: Stroll with friends and family through interactive themed areas and enjoy the Dancing Lights show on Livingstone Lake, the gnome performance and the Vancouver Public Library’s Tales for a Winter’s Night. Have photos taken with Santa, savour holiday treats, and delight in much more.
- Where: Vandusen Gardens – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, December 1 – Thursday, December 31; click here for hours.
- What: The rink at Robson Square is operated seasonally by the provincial government when the temperatures begin to dip, running from morning into the late evening hours. Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver (Robson & Howe)
- When: December 1, 2015 until February 28, 2016; times vary
- What: Back once again on Queen Elizabeth Plaza, this bustling temporary alpine village will once again boast unique eats, handcrafted goods, and lots of fun for kids young and young-at-heart alike. The Vancouver Christmas Market will run from November 21 to December 24, and will have over 50 vendors selling gift-able treats from holiday ornaments to handmade toys.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Plaza, 650 Hamilton Street
- When: November 21 to December 24, 2015, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on December 24)
- What: The Arts Club has been putting on It’s a Wonderful Life for so many years it has now become an annual Christmas tradition. “George Bailey performs countless good deeds for friends and townsfolk in Bedford Falls, yet all that seems to count for naught when he faces financial adversity. At George’s most woeful moment, his guardian angel, Clarence Odbody, swoops in to remind him that faith, hope, and family make life truly wonderful.” – The Arts Club
- Where: Granville Island Stage – 1585 Johnston Street, Vancouver
- When: Now until December 26; evening and matinee productions