Only two days until Christmas, and there is a lot still left to be done. If you haven’t checked out many of Vancouver’s Christmas events yet, now is your time.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Wednesday, December 23:
- What: FlyOver Canada will transform into a magical winter wonderland this Christmas season. Guests will have fun helping Santa Claus search for his missing elves during an exhilarating flight across Canada and on to the North Pole. An extended holiday edition of FlyOver Canada that leads guests on to Santa’s workshop in the North Pole is also included.
- Where: FlyOver Canada – 201 – 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 27 to January 5, 2016 – daily 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- What: Back once again at Queen Elizabeth Plaza, this bustling temporary alpine village will once again boast unique eats, handcrafted goods, and lots of fun for kids young and young-at-heart alike. The Vancouver Christmas Market will run from November 21 to December 24, and will have over 50 vendors selling gift-able treats from holiday ornaments to handmade toys.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Plaza, 650 Hamilton Street
- When: November 21 to December 24, 2015, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on December 24)
- What: More than 50,000 Christmas lights + Family Night with Santa, hot chocolate, face painting and more, supporting North Vancouver Firefighters.
- Where: Park & Tilford Gardens, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 27 to December 31
- What: Grouse Mountain becomes a holiday mecca during December for the Peak of Christmas, featuring Santa and his elves, live reindeer, sleigh rides, ice skating on the outdoor rink, all in the outdoor alpine beauty.
- Where: Grouse Mountain – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, November 27 to January 4, 2016
- What: The rink at Robson Square is operated seasonally by the provincial government when the temperatures begin to dip, running from morning into the late evening hours. Skaters can skate for free if they bring their own skates while those without skates can rent a pair on-site. There is also a concession stand serving snacks and warm drinks.
- Where: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver (Robson & Howe)
- When: December 1, 2015 until February 28, 2016; times vary