Today is Christmas Day for billions around the world. Hit the town with a few of these fine Vancouver events.
The Vancouver Events Calendar has more.
- What: Now in its 14th year, the White Spot Christmas Luncheon is a charity meal supporting organizations across Metro Vancouver. This year’s event in Richmond will support the Richmond Hospital Foundation, while the Kingsway location will support Variety – The Children’s Charity.
- Where: Unit 1902 – 6551 No. 3 Road, Richmond and 1476 Kingsway, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 25; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What: Learn about sea life this Christmas Day with Scuba Claus, watch a real live electric eel light up a Christmas light display, or just take in some of ocean’s natural beauty at the Vancouver Aquarium. There’s lots to see and do, Christmas-y and otherwise.
- Where: Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 25; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: One of Vancouver’s most popular outdoor ice rinks is back, and open Christmas Day. Bring the family down for a jaunt around the rink, with $2 skate rentals, food and drinks, and live music.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 25; 12 to 5 p.m.
- What: Tonnes of movies open and are already open on Christmas Day. Star Wars, Leonardo DiCaprio’s latest Oscar push Revenant, Jennifer Lawrence’s returns to a non-Hunger Games movie with Joy, Will Smith angers the entirety of the NFL in Concussion – there’s plenty to choose from. Take your pic.
- Where: Scotiabank Theatre – 900 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 25; Various times
- What: A delicious winter wonderland, in support of SOS Children’s Villages. Take the ride up to Grouse Mountain’s Peak of Christmas, view the delectable wonders, vote for your favourite, and support a good cause – all at the same time. Nothing says “Christmas Spirit” more.
- Where: Grouse Mountain, Peak of Christmas – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: Friday, December 25; 10 a.m to 10 p.m.