A family in Richmond is reeling after they had five pricey mountain bikes stolen from their home on December 28. One of the bikes was a Christmas gift from this year.
Richmond resident Matt Dennison told Vancity Buzz thieves broke in to a parked car in the driveway where they gained access to the remote control to open the garage door. They then made off with the five bikes, as well as alcohol and food from the fridge and freezers.
Dennison said his family made a report with the Richmond RCMP, but he has taken to Facebook to help find the thieves.
He values the bikes at between $20,000 to $30,000 collectively.
In a Facebook post on December 29, Dennison described the bikes as follows:
2014 Rocky Mountain Instinct 970 MSL BC Edition – Black with Blue and Green Highlights – Size L
- 2014 Fox 34 Float CTD Fork – Black (Kashima Coated)
- 2014 Fox Float CTD Rear Shock (Kashima Coated)
- Avid Elixir 9 Brakes Front and Rear
- Stans Flow EX Rims w/ SRAM Hubs
- Race Face Turbine Handlebar and Stem
- Rockshox Reverb Dropper Seatpost
- Blue Straitline Pedals
2009 Banshee Amp – Raw (With Unique Custom Sharpie Design) – Size Long
- 2009 Rockshox Argyle 318 Fork – White
- Atomlab Wheels – Blue with White Spokes and Atomlab Hubs
- Avid Rear Brake
- Race Face Atlas Handlebar – Blue
- Race Face Atlas Crankset – Blue
- Straitline Pedals – Black
- Atomlab Saddle – Black/White
2010+ Knolly Podium – Matte Black – Size Medium
- 2010 Rockshox Boxxer Fork Team – White
DHX RC4 Rear Shock
- Avid Elixir CR Brakes Front and Rear
- Truvativ Boobar Handlebar w/ Truvativ Holzfeller Direct Mount Stem – White
- Truvativ Holzfeller Crankset
- WTB Saddle – White
- SRAM Rear Derailleur and Shifter
2009 Transition Blindside – Bright Orange w/ White Decals – Size Large
- Marzocchi 888 Fork – White
- Fox Rear Shock – Coil
- Avid Brakes Front and Rear
- SRAM Drivetrain
2007 Giant Glory DH – Blue and White – Size Large
- 2007 Fox 40 RC2 Fork – Grey
- Fox Rear Shock
Here are pictures provided by Dennison of the bikes:
If you have any information or have seen these bikes being ridden in the Richmond area, contact Dennison at email@example.com.