It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! Most people are celebrating something festive over the next month, and whether you say “Merry Christmas,” “Feliz Navidad,” “Happy Hanukkah,” “Happy Holidays,” or “bah humbug,” we’ve got something to cheer about.
The first 12 Days of Giveaways campaign was launched in 2010 as a way to say thank you to our readers and celebrate a new site design, or “Vancity Buzz 2.0” as we called it. That first year, we gave away $3,000 in prizing.
Since then, we’ve continued the campaign each year as our way to give back to our readers, coming out with more and more prizes from our partners. We gave away over $6,000 in 2012, $10,000 in 2013, and $14,000 in 2014.
This year, we wanted to think even bigger – so we’ve worked closely with some of our partners and are proud to be bringing you over $26,000 in prizes!
How it works
Starting Tuesday, December 1, we’ll be launching several contests each day. Each giveaway will run until 11:59 p.m. on
December 14 December 16 (deadline extended!), and the following day we’ll randomly draw names from all the entrants to announce all winners in one major post on December 18.
The prizes have something that appeals to everyone: gift cards, electronics, luxurious hotel experiences, tasty treats, and more.
What you need to do
- Come back and visit the site daily from December 1 to 12. We’ll be updating this post each morning so bookmark it and come back to see what new giveaways we’ve launched.
- Follow our Publisher @KarmSumal and Editor @FarhanMohamed on Twitter to get the latest updates and announcements, along with the hashtag #VCB12Days.
- Each contest will have different entry methods across different social channels, so be sure to read each one carefully.
The nitty gritty
The 12 Days of Giveaways will start on December 1, 2015. Winners will be announced on
December 17 December 18. Open to British Columbia residents only. Maximum of one prize awarded per person.
- Sony 55-inch 4K TV + sound bar + sports camera from Best Buy (valued at $4,800)
- $250 Thai House Restaurants gift card
- Pair of 2 Day GA Passes to CONTACT Music Festival (valued at $350)
- 10-pack of floats to Float House (valued at $390)
- One-night stay + spa + dinner at Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver (valued at $1,300)
- Food and craft beer experience for six people at CRAFT Beer Market (valued at $250)
- 2 adult winter passes to the Sea to Sky Gondola + 2 dinner series tickets (valued at $430)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and Gear S2 (valued at $999)
- 2 lower bowl Vancouver Canucks tickets + signed Bo Horvat jersey (valued at $550)
- A pair of tickets to four concerts in 2016 from Live Nation (valued at $470)
- Annual membership + $50 gift basket to Vancouver Aquarium (valued at $235)
- NYE dinner for 4 at Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar (valued at $750)
- Moto X Play smartphone and Moto 360 smartwatch (valued at $800)
- Footwear and apparel prize pack from SHOES.COM (valued at $400)
- 1 of 2 pairs of tickets to NYE at Yaletown’s Bar None Nightclub
- One year of haircuts at Man Cave Barber Shop (valued at $250)
- Jetsetter holiday tech bundle from Logiix (valued at $350)
- Vancity Original clothing prize pack (valued at $250+)
- Omakase Dinner for 4 at Hapa Izakaya (valued at $500)
- Party for 10 at the Vancouver Gun Range (valued at $650)
- Lenovo ThinkPad Edge laptop (valued at $1,150)
- Two-night getaway to the Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa (valued at $1,500)
- Shopping spree at H&M (valued at $500)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (valued at $500)
- $300 gift card to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
- One-night stay + dinner at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (valued at $675)
- Smart Balance Hoverboard from London Drugs (valued at $750)
- Social media bundle from Hootsuite (valued at $420)
- $300 gift card to Sai Woo in Chinatown
- Shopping spree at RYU Apparel for him and her (valued at $375 each)
- One-night stay + spa and lunch at Fairmont Pacific Rim (valued at $880)
- Fitbit Charge HR + $125 gift card from Indigo (valued at $305)
- LG G3 smartphone from TELUS (valued at $450)
- One-night stay + dinner at Whistler’s Nita Lake Lodge (valued at $450)
- VIP craft beer tour for 4 with Vancouver Brewery Tours (valued at $300)
- One-night stay at Victoria’s Magnolia Hotel & Spa (valued at $330)
- Queen-sized striped blanket from Hudson’s Bay (valued at $395)
- Cut and Bumble and Bumble prize package from Rain Hair Salon (valued at $250)
- $250 prize package from Blenz Coffee
- $300 gift card to Middle Sister boutique
- $250 gift card to Redfish Kids Clothing
- $350 prize pack from Sephora
- $500 gift card to IKEA
- Prize pack from Philips including a Saeco coffee maker (valued at $2,500)