After a relaxing long weekend, it’s back to the grind, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up the fun. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, October 13.
For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: Explore creative yoga practice led by instructors Kent Brun and Melanie Rae Birch in the inspirational space of the Gordon Smith Gallery. Take a deep breath and contemplate the artwork and themes present in the exhibition while broadening your approach to each posture.
- Where: Gordon Smith Gallery – 2121 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 13; 6:30 to 7:45 p.m.
- What: Expect to be wildly entertained for three exhilarating sets of belly dancers, drag performers, comedy, thrilling live stunts, contortionists, burlesque, and random hilariousness ALL IN ONE NIGHT! Expect the bar to be raised at this show! There’s even a donut eating contest.
- Where: Guilt and Co. – 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 13; 8 to 11:30 p.m.
- What: Check out Vancouver’s next top comics as they develop their craft. Tuesday Night is a Showcase of talented comics vying for the coveted weekend spots and a development ground for new material for the already seasoned comics.
- Where: Yuk Yuk’s – 2837 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 13; 8 to 10 p.m.
- What: Some of Vancouver’s finest improvisers battle head-to-head in the The Fictionals’ comedy cage. Who will walk away with the VIFC title belt? You, the audience, decide the champions.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleil – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 13; 8 to 9:30 p.m.
- What: Ten storytellers share original five-minute stories. Featuring: Steve Elliot, Max Lee, JP Lorence, Sherry MacDonald, Danny MacIver, Johnny Scoop, Alexis Sugden, Carrie Sully, Ursula Twiss and Mia Zhou.
- Where: The Cottage Bistro – 4468 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, October 13; 8 to 9:45 p.m.