Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Pop goes the craft soda trend in Canada!
- We’re loving this Instagram shot from Chef Mark McEwan with a couple of major Vancouver food scene stars.
- So where do you stand on the whole Shower Beer subject?
- What Vancouver restaurant is the top-rated on Yelp? Turns out it’s our city’s favourite artisanal popsicle cart.
- Tofino is getting some major love lately from foodies south of the border, this time via a feature in Saveur mag.
- Vancouver’s TV and film production biz really stepped things up over the Thanksgiving holiday through a fantastic donation campaign with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Way to give back, guys! Thank you!
- North Vancouverites don’t have to go across the water to get a taste of Vikram Vij’s fare, thanks to some new packaged dishes available at Loblaws City Market. The Sun’s Mis Stainsby blogs the details.
- Award-winning Vancouver bar scene blogger Talia Kleinplatz has joined the Scout family. Congrats, and hello! Nice to see what you’ve been up to!
- Vancouver’s first Cat Café is “Meow Hiring”! Can’t wait to check it out.
- Our top food stories this week: Brunching at The Oakwood, new restaurants to check out during Taste of Yaletown, fall cocktails to find in Vancouver, enroot food delivery service (powered by triplets!), and McDonald’s locations in Metro Van are going next-gen.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.