Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea to Sky Country riding.
West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea to Sky Country
ELECTS PAMELA GOLDSMITH-JONES, LIBERAL
The often Conservative riding includes not only West Vancouver, but the Sunshine Coast, Squamish and Whistler, making it a very diverse district. Incumbent John Weston is running for his third consecutive term and former Whistler mayor, Ken Melamed will make his federal debut. The Liberal candidate, Pamela Goldsmith-Jones is also a two-term mayor of West Vancouver.
Here is a map of the riding:
- Conservative: John Weston (Incumbent) 17,191/26.3%
- NDP: Larry Koopman 6,372/9.7%
- Liberal: Pamela Goldsmith-Jones ELECTED 35,818/54.7%
- Green: Ken Melamed 5,821/8.9%
- Marxist-Leninst: Carol-Lee Chapman 108/0.2%
- Radical Marijuana: Robin Kehler 175/0.3%
8:42 p.m. PST
- For the first time since 2006, West Vancouver has gone to the Liberals with Pamela Goldsmith-Jones winning over Conservative incumbent John Weston
8:11 p.m. PST
- 12/246 polls reporting a Liberal lead