Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Vancouver East riding.
RE-ELECTS JENNY KWAN, NDP
The Vancouver East riding is home to more than 110,000 people and lies East of Ontario Street and North of 15th Avenue. The riding is strongly NDP, only having held Liberal seats twice in its 82 year long existence. The Conservative party usually fairs poorly in this electoral district.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: James Low 6,322/10.8%
- NDP: Jenny Kwan (Incumbent) ELECTED 29,913/50.0%
- Liberal: Edward G. Wong 16,484/28.1%
- Green: Wes Regan 5,395/9.2%
- Marxist-Leninst: Anne Jamieson 224/0.4%
- Communist: Peter Marcus 525/0.9%
- Pirate: Shawn Vulliez 188/0.3%
- Independent: D. Alex Millar 216/0.4%
8:47 p.m. – As of now the projected winner for the riding is Jenny Kwan of the New Democratic Party.