Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post October 19 for up-to-date information for the South Surrey-White Rock riding.
South Surrey-White Rock
ELECTS DIANNE LYNN WATTS, CONSERVATIVE
South Surrey – Delta is comprised of parts of the Fleetwood—Port Kells, Newton—North Delta, and South Surrey—White Rock—Cloverdale ridings. The traditionally Conservative area has been seeing tight race in the polls between Conservative candidate and Surrey Mayor Dianne Lynn Watts and Liberal candidate Judith Higginbotham. Watts got some negative press after a pamphlet was distributed by her office discussed “Fighting Jihadi Terrorist At Home and Aborad,” which she has since defended.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Dianne Lynn Watts ELECTED 24,934/44.0%
- NDP: Pixie Hobby 5,895/10.4%
- Liberal: Judith Higginbotham 23,495/41.5%
- Green: Larry Colero 1,938/3.4%
- PC Party: Brian Marlatt 108/0.2%
- Libertarian: Bonnie Hu 261/0.5%
9:50 p.m. – As of now the projected winner for the riding is Dianne Lynn Watts of the Conservative Party.