Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Port Moody-Coquitlam riding.
RE-ELECTS FIN DONNELLY, NDP
A redistributed riding, Port Moody-Coquitlam combines two differing communities, one which usually votes Conservative (Port Moody), and one which usually goes to NDP (New Westminster-Coquitlam). Conservative candidate Tim Laidler made news earlier in the election when he was caught in a minor photoshopping scandal. His main opponent, Fin Donnelly, is the incumbent running in the new riding and has served as MP since 2009.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Tim Laidler 16,417/29.9%
- NDP: Fin Donnelly (Incumbent) RE-ELECTED 19,702/35.8%
- Liberal: Jessie Adcock 16,888/30.7%
- Green: Marcus Madsen 1,878/3.4%
- Marxist-Leninst: Roland Verrier 83/0.2%