Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge riding.
Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge
ELECTS DAN RUIMY, LIBERAL
Past MP Randy Kamp of the Conservative Party is no longer running in this riding, meaning the district will be voting in a new candidate for the first time this year in almost a decade. Latest polls show this to be a tight race between the Conservatives and NDP.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Mike Murray 16,373/31.4%
- NDP: Bob D’Eith 15,450/29.6%
- Liberal: Dan Ruimy ELECTED 17,605/33.8%
- Green: Peter Tam 2,202/4.2%
- Independent: Steve Ranta 516/1.0%