Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the New Westminster-Burnaby riding.
ELECTS PETER JULIAN, NDP
This redistributed riding now includes all of New Westminster and part of South Burnaby including the Edmonds neighbourhood. Historically, New Westminster has almost always voted NDP.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Chloe Ellis 10,463/19.8%
- NDP: Peter Julian (Incumbent) RE-ELECTED 22,935/43.5%
- Liberal: Sasha Ramnarine 15,166/28.8%
- Green: Kyle Routledge 2,559/4.9%
- Libertarian: Rex Brocki 1,388/2.6%
- Marxist-Leninst: Joseph Theriault 209/0.4%
8:46 p.m. PST
- NDP has claimed this riding with incumbent Peter Julian taking the lead
8:25 p.m. PST
- 15 polls are in now and still reporting an NDP lead
8 p.m. PST
- 3/199 polls reporting a NDP lead