Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Coquitlam-Port Coquitlam riding.
ELECTS RON MCKINNON, LIBERAL
What is said to be an extremely tight race, the vote could go to any one of the top three parties, according to polls. Coquitlam usually goes Conservative but Port Coquitlam tends to elect an NDP candidate. With the new redistributed riding, provincial MLA Doug Horne will be tooth-and-nail with former journalist Sara Norman.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Douglas Horne 18,083/31.9%
- NDP: Sara Norman 15,463/27.3%
- Liberal: Ron McKinnon ELECTED 19,869/35.1%
- Green: Brad Nickason 2,187/3.9%
- Libertarian: Lewis Clarke Dahlby 1,104/1.8%