Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Burnaby South riding.
ELECTS KENNEDY STEWART, NDP
The redistributed riding combines parts of the old Burnaby-Douglas and Burnaby-New Westminster ridings into a new district, and appears to be an NDP stronghold.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Grace Seear 12,441/27.1%
- NDP: Kennedy Stewart ELECTED 16,094/35.1%
- Liberal: Adam Pankratz 15,547/33.9%
- Green: Wyatt Tessari 1,306/2.8%
- Libertarian: Liz Jauague 498/1.1%
9:05 p.m. PST
- Burnaby South is super tight at the moment with Liberals at 35.2 per cent of the vote and NDP at 33.4 per cent
8:38 p.m. PST
- Extremely close race so far between Liberals and NDP with just a few hundred ballots between them
8:11 p.m. PST
- 5/198 polls reporting a Liberal lead