The weather outside is frightful, but the events happening all across Vancouver are so delightful. There are plenty of places to go, and it’s way to early to be making Christmas jokes.
For more, visit our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Indie rocker Angel Olsen hits the Biltmore tonight. She’s young, she’s talented, and she’s killing it. Don’t miss out.
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, October 8; doors at 8 p.m. show at 9 p.m.
- What: Tonight is the Canadian premiere of this exhibit, which delves into Canada’s newest and most northern territory. Telling the history of the region’s past, present, and future, and the intersection between technology and tradition.
- Where: Museum of Vancouver – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Now until Sunday, December 13; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- What: Lot of ‘A’ entries today. Either way, this film is going to blow you away. In a run-of-the-mill British suburb, humanity has regressed to their most primitive point. Chest beating, threat displays, grunts, and growls are the language of the day, but 60s fashion is all the rage. You won’t know what to take out of it, but it’ll be good.
- Where: The Cinematheque – 1131 Howe Street #200, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, October 8; 4:30 p.m.
- What: The Vancouver Police Museum is screening some Halloween classics for film buffs of all ages. Tonight’s movie is Friday the 13th, so maybe not all ages.
- Where: Vancouver Police Museum – 240 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, October 8; 7 p.m.
- What: K. Trevor Wilson is an award-winning comedian, actor, and writer, who has performed all over the world. He’s hilarious, he’s innovative, and he’s a must-see performer. He’s also just a nice guy.
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, October 8; 8 p.m.