It’s a rainy Tuesday, but that doesn’t mean you should hide inside. There’s plenty to do around town, so we’re bringing you five things to do in Vancouver today, September 8.
For more things to do, check out our events calendar.
- What: A black-and-white photography exhibit featuring a new take on Stanley Park icons such as the Girl in a Wetsuit, the Lions Gate Bridge Lion, and the Rose Cole Yelton Totem Pole.
- Where: Vancity Credit Union – 1798 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 8; all day
- What: Lecture by Zheng Shengtian “The roots of Diego Rivera en his influence in Chinese Art”. Zheng Shengtian, an artist, scholar, and independent curator, has lived and worked in Vancouver since 1990.
- Where: SFU Harbour Centre – 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 8; 7 to 8 p.m.
- What: Ten talented storyellers share wit, wisdom, winding plotlines, wordplay and weirdness in this intriguing evening of storytelling
- Where: Cottage Bistro – 4468 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 8; 8 to 9:45 p.m.
- What: On Tuesday, September 8th, April O’Peel, Sweet Munish, and Sparkle Plenty will bring new meaning to Labour day! That’s because they are back at Gastown’s sexiest basement, Guilt & Company to host an evening of non-stop entertainment at Gastown Cabaret – SEPTacular edition.
- Where: Guilt & Company – 1 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 8; 8 p.m. to midnight
- What: Every Tuesday, Colin Sharp and James Kennedy present a showcase of the finest comedians In Vancouver. For only $5 you can catch comedians you’ve seen on HBO, Just For Laughs, on tour at comedy clubs across the country.
- Where: Kings Head Pub – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 8; 9 to 10:30 p.m.