Tuesday is here, but that doesn’t mean that you need to spend the day cooped up in the office. Leave a bit early and do something fun – live a little.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, September 22. For more things happening around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: The PhD comic about life as a graduate student led to a Piled Higher and Deeper movie in 2011, and now a sequel in 2015. We’re pleased to present two double-feature screenings at SFU’s Burnaby campus on September 22 and 30. All are welcome.
- Where: SFU’s Burnaby campus – 8888 University Drive, Burnaby
- When: Tuesday, September 22; 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- What: As a part of LIVE’s 2015 performance art program, Nathalie Mba Bikoro (Future Monuments, Gabon) and Willem Wilhelmus (Mother Tongue Festival, Finland) will give a talk on their curatorial practices and discuss transcultural strategies in contemporary art production.
- Where: Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre, Goldcorp Centre for the Art – 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 22; 8 to 10 p.m.
- What: Whiplash Escalade is a Rock n’ Roll band from Vancouver. No talk – just rock. See them live at The Roxy tonight.
- Where: The Roxy – 932 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 22; 8 p.m.
- What: A black-and-white photography exhibit featuring a new take on Stanley Park icons such as the Girl in a Wetsuit, the Lions Gate Bridge Lion, and the Rose Cole Yelton Totem Pole. Runs until October 12.
- Where: Vancity credit Union – 1798 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 22; all day
- What: Every Tuesday, Colin Sharp and James Kennedy present a showcase of the finest comedians In Vancouver. For only $5 you can catch comedians you’ve seen on HBO, Just For Laughs, on tour at comedy clubs across the country.
- Where: Kings Head Pub – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 22; 9 to 10:30 p.m.