August is gone from our hearts and lives forever (until next year), which means today is – you guessed it – September 1. Fall is creeping up on us and school lingers on the horizon for those still grinding their way to a career (so they can grind their way to retirement for the next forty years).
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Forget your troubles; here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Tuesday, September 1.
For more things to do around town, check out our events calendar.
- What: The Fictionals Comedy Co. present an improv mixer at Cafe Deux Soleils! Each Pop-Up Comedy Jam features special guests and special themes, so you never know what’s going to happen.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 1; 8 to 9:30 p.m.
- What: Running until Friday, September 4, all Cineplex theatres across Canada will be offering a 50 per cent discount on all tickets for any movie – an extension of its weekly “Tuesday Everyday” price. This includes premium ticket experiences such as 3D, IMAX, UltraAVX, DBOX and VIP Cinema.
- Where: Various locations. Click here for a full list of theatres.
- When: Tuesday, September 1; All day.
- What: Sponsored by the Neighborhood Small Grants Program and supported by posAbilities and the Richmond Society for Community Living; the Community Fun Fair will feature a variety of food, music, games and live entertainment! We are inviting everyone in the community to attend, come join in on the fun!
- Where: South Arm Park – 9020 Williams Road, Richmond
- When: Tuesday, September 1; noon to 4 p.m.
- What: Since the tournament began in 2005, over $1 million has been raised for important S.U.C.C.E.S.S. services and programs for those in needs in the Metro Vancouver communities that lack sufficient government funding. With your continued support, we hope to raise another $100,000 to maintain and enhance these timely and appropriate S.U.C.C.E.S.S. services for the communities at large.
- Where: Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club – 5460 No. 7 Road, Richmond
- When: Tuesday, September 1; All day
- What: The Largest Deposit is a story about discovery and exploration into the darker side of resource extraction, told through the eyes of two keen youth and aspiring filmmakers.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, September 1; 6 to 8 p.m.