The first day of fall doesn’t technically start until September 23, meaning summer is far from over, so don’t miss out on these fun outdoor events in the Fraser Valley.
Here are nine events and activities to check out in Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack this September.
SX International Cup
With an expected 300 teams participating this year, the SX International Cup marks one of Canada’s premier soccer tournaments. Highlights include three elite tournament venues with over 25 fields, great competition and players from across Canada and the US.
- When: September 5 to 7
- Where: 7395, 128 Street, Surrey
- Website: sxcup.ca
Enjoy the second annual Oktoberfest fundraiser event, featuring live entertainment, German Faire, tons of beer and draw prizes.
- When: September 26, 2 to 7 p.m.
- Where: Alexandra Neighbourhood House, 2916 McBride Ave, Surrey
- Cost: $30 each
- Info: Must be 19 years +
- Website: alexhouse.net
Bicycle Trek for Life and Breath
Take part in an incredible 200 km ride through the Fraser Valley and raise money for the BC Lung Association to fight against lung disease. The route goes from White Rock to Cultus Lake and back, with all food, accommodation and gear transportation included.
- When: September 12 and 13
- Where: White Rock
- Cost: Commit to fundraise $500
- Website: bicycletrek.ca
BBQ *off* the Bypass
Experience one of B.C.’s hottest BBQ competitions with free food, entertainment and tasty vendors. Bring your appetite and watch the best BBQ teams from North America battle it out on the grill to win up to $10,000.
- When: September 13
- Where: #117-20353, 64th Avenue, Langley
- Cost: Free for the public
- Website: www.bbqoffthebypass.com
Campbell Valley Wine Run
This is a fun event for both wine and running lovers. Enjoy a scenic 15 km run from High Point through Campbell Valley, and stop off at the beautiful wineries along the way for wine sampling and socializing.
- When: September 20
- Where: High Point Equestrian Centre, 658 200th St, Langley
- Cost: Tickets start at $70
- Website: www.campbellvalleywinerun.org
LEGO Creative Challenge
Get creative with LEGO and support Canuck Place Children’s Hospice. Represent and showcase your business using LEGO in an innovative way, or get the kids involved with the fun creative challenge.
- When: September 26 and 27
- Where: Sevenoaks Shopping Centre
- Info: All proceeds go to the Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Website: shopsevenoaks.com
Envision Financial Concert in the Park Series
Enjoy the last of summer with live music and local food vendors at this outdoor concert series.
- When: September 5 and 12, 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Kariton Gallery Stage in Mill Lake Park
- Cost: Bring non-perishable food items or donate cash
- Website: www.abbotsfordartscouncil.com
Connect Now Networking
This one is for the entrepreneurs. Meet other professionals and business owners and form valuable connections at the Connect Now Lunch & Learn event. Lunches are also held in other towns across the valley, including Chilliwack, Langley and White Rock.
- When: September 8, 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: 30835 Peardonville Rd, Abbotsford
- Cost: $5 for members, $10 for non-members
- Website: www.connectnowbusinessnetwork.com
Cultus Lake Triathlon
Take part in the 9th annual Cultus Lake Spring and Olympic Triathlons, suitable for both newbies and seasoned triathletes. The triathlon involves a swim, bike and run course.
- When: September 13
- Where: Cultus Lake Park, Chilliwack
- Cost: Prices start at $105
- Website: www.dynamicraceevents.com