Doors Open Vancouver (DOV) is back for a second year, and everyone is invited to enjoy free, behind-the-scenes access to popular City of Vancouver sites.
Learn what it takes to run a city while experiencing Vancouver’s architecture, green design and cultural heritage as 18 sites will be open to the public on Saturday, October 3. Most will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and two buildings, Carnegie Community Centre and the City of Vancouver Tactical Training Centre, will require advance registration. City Hall will also be launching this year’s event by opening its doors a day early on Friday, October 2 from noon to 5 p.m.
With so many sites to visit in one day (see the full list), it won’t be possible to see them all, but buildings are arranged in clusters so you can easily visit a few in each area. Plan your DOV day ahead by visiting DOV’s website.
To help you and a friend save time and see more within one day, we are giving away a pair of VIP Skip-The-Line wristbands to DOV 2015! These wristbands will allow wearers to bypass lineups at multiple Doors Open Vancouver sites.
To enter, do at least one of the following:
1. Like Doors Open Vancouver on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Follow @DoorsOpenVan on Instagram. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a pair of Skip-The-Line Wristbands to multiple @DoorsOpenVan sites on Oct 3 via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/SGBtR RT to enter!
4. Leave a comment below telling us which DOV site you are most looking forward to visiting this year. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on September 30, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
Vancity Buzz is a proud media partner of Doors Open Vancouver