(UPDATED) Man arrested after another attempted child abduction in Stanley Park

Comments
Police/Shutterstock

UPDATE: The Vancouver Police Department said charges have been approved against the suspect in both cases of attempted abduction. Nathaniel David Jessup has been charged with two counts of assault and one count of forcible confinement.

A man was arrested Monday afternoon after another attempted child abduction in Stanley Park, according to the Vancouver Police Department.

Image: Vancouver Police Department

SEE ALSO: Police release photo of person of interest in Stanley Park attempted abduction

A two-year-old girl was playing in the Lost Lagoon area of Stanley Park at around 2 p.m. when she was grabbed by a man. Her father confronted him and the suspect let go of the girl and ran off.

Police, with the help of park rangers, found the man in the Denman and Robson Street area.   He was arrested with the help of a citizen near the 1800 block of Alberni.

Police suspect this was the same man who attempted to abduct an eight-year-old girl on the seawall last week on September 4. This abduction attempt was also in the Lost Lagoon area.

The 28-year-old man who was arrested is homeless and is in custody while police investigate.

Around the Web

About the author

Author Avatar
Lauren Sundstrom Lauren is a Staff Writer and Projects Assistant at Vancity Buzz. She is a graduate of BCIT's Broadcast and Online Journalism program. She loves reporting on breaking news and lifestyle content. If you feel like you have a story that needs to be told, fire her a tweet.
@LaurenS_Buzz

Facebook Conversations

BACK TO TOP
BACK TO TOP