This summer, get out and discover all that BC Hydro recreations sites and Visitor Centres have to offer.
Snap a photo of the scenery or your experience and share it in this new contest. You could win one of five prize packs that will be given away once a week, which include a Polaroid Cube, Levin Solar Dual USB and Lifestraw Water Filter. Total prizes are worth $1,100.
Share a photo of what you discover and you could win
Whether you’re sticking close to home or travelling the province this summer, a visit to one of their recreation sites or visitor centres should be on your list of things to do. If you’re an avid hiker or bike enthusiast, enjoy fishing and boating, or just like to relax with family on the beach, the recreation sites have something for everyone.
A visit to one of the visitor centres is also worth the trip. They feature neat interactive displays, stunning views and the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at how electricity is generated and learn about the role it played in helping to shape our province.
Share a photo of what you discovered on Twitter or Instagram between August 4 and September 7, 2015 and you could win one of five prize packages, including a Polaroid Cube with memory stick, Levin Solar Dual USB Charger and Lifestraw Water Filter.
How to enter
2. Visit a BC Hydro recreation site or visitor centre and snap a photo of what you’re discovering. Upload it to Twitter or Instagram with a description of where you are and what you’re doing with the hashtag #DiscoverBCHydro to be instantly entered to win.
Contest runs between August 4, 2015 and September 7, 2015. Only one photo per person is eligible, so choose the best one that you’ve got, and ensure that the photo has been posted to your Instagram or Twitter within the contest period (i.e photos from previous months or years won’t work unless you repost them). For privacy reasons, no selfies or photos that show faces can be submitted.
3. Each week, one image will be selected by a panel of judges from all eligible entries to win the weekly prize package consisting of a Polaroid Cube with a 32 GB memory stick, Levin Solar Dual USB Charger, and Lifestraw Water Filter (approximate retail value $220).
4. Tweet the following on Twitter:
- Win a $220 prize pack from @bchydro via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/QMPRz
See the full contest rules and regulations and eligibility.
See all eligible entries.
Ideas to help you submit a winning photo
We know that British Columbians love to get out and enjoy all that summer has to offer in our beautiful province. Whether it’s hiking at Buntzen Lake, taking in the stunning view from the top of the Revelstoke Dam Visitor Centre or picnicking along the Puntledge River, we want to see how you enjoy one of these spots. Here are some tips to help you choose which photo to submit as your entry:
- Photos can be of an activity you took part in, beautiful scenery at a recreation site or shots taken in and around one of the Visitor Centres.
- To protect personal privacy, photos featuring identifiable people will not be eligible. Silhouetted figures or shots of people at angles that don’t clearly show their faces (like the example above) are fine to submit. Stick to a photo that shows people from the back or side and avoid showing faces to ensure your photo will be eligible.