Get ready to show your favourite local food producer a little love because it’s time for the third annual We Heart Local Awards.
For the past three years, this people’s choice awards has highlighted the most popular food and agriculture businesses and organizations across the province. Your vote helps support the local economy, spread the word about why local is better and it also tells your favourites how important they are to your community.
If you want to support your local butcher, baker or ice cream maker, nominate them for a We Heart Local award.
We Heart Local Awards categories
Voting is open to all B.C. residents.
- Favourite Farmers Market
- Favourite Store to Buy Local
- Favourite Local Meat or Poultry Supplier
- Favourite Local Seafood Supplier
- Favourite Local Cheese Maker
- Favourite Local Sweet Treat
- Favourite Local Advocate
- Favourite Local Winery
- Favourite Local Brewery
- Favourite Local Food Truck
- Favourite Local U-Pick Farm
- Favourite Local Orchard/Fruit Supplier
- Favourite Local Restaurant or Chef
- Favourite Local Florist or Nursery
- Favourite Local Greenhouse or Veggie Grower
Nominations open August 17, and voting is open from September 7 to September 14, 2015.
Nominating and voting for your local B.C. favourites also enters you into weekly draws for a chance to win one of five $100 gift cards to your local BC VQA store. Plus, you’ll be automatically entered in the Grand Prize draw for a luxurious three-night stay at Taku Resort and Marina along with your choice of a cooking course for two, valued at $1,800. This prize includes $300 gift card for BC Ferries to cover the cost of ferry transportation to Quadra Island.