Take advantage of the heat and enjoy the last month of summer with activities in the Fraser Valley. Here’s a look at what’s going on in Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack this August.
Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets for free outdoor movie nights every Friday in Cloverdale.
- When: Every Friday from August 7 to 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Cloverdale Parks
- Info: Movies start at dusk
- Website: Visit tourismsurrey.com for location details.
Surrey Urban Farmers’ Market
Enjoy food trucks, local vendors and live outdoor music performances.
- When: Every Wednesday in August, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Where: Surrey City Hall Plaza
- Website: surreymarket.org
Langley Eats Local
An annual foodie festival featuring local produce, wine and fun activities.
- When: August 5, 2 to 6.30 p.m.
- Where: 27083 Fraser Highway
- Website: aldergrovefarmersmarket.com
Gaze at the sky and catch shooting stars at this astronomy event. Enjoy music and entertainment, crafts and lantern-lit trails.
- When: August 8, 8 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Aldergrove Lake Regional Park
- Cost: $2 per person
- Info: Call 604-530-4983 or visit www.metrovancouver.org
Canadian National Wakeboard Championships
Take part or spectate at the annual championship event, featuring contestants from all over Canada, amazing food and a fun day for wakeboarding enthusiasts.
- When: August 20 to 23
- Where: Valley Wake Park, 31515 Walmsley Avenue
- Info: Online registration closes on August 19. Spectator admittance is free.
- Website: wakecanada.ca
Abbotsford International Air Show
Head to the 51st annual air show for a day of impressive aviation performances.
- When: August 7 to 9
- Where: Abbotsford International Airport
- Info: Buy tickets online, by phone or at the show.
- Website: abbotsfordairshow.com
Southside Rocks The River Concert
Check out Chilliwack’s finest talent at this live concert series with local artists, food vendors and free yoga.
- When: August 13, 20 and 27 from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Where: By the Vedder River Bridge
- Website: chilliwackartscouncil.com