It’s Friday! We have a list of things that are worth your time and money.
For more fun things to do, visit the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Class it up a bit. Rather than the usual Friday bars and pubs, go feel cultured by watching Oliver!, the musical which stems from Charles Dickens’ popular novel.
- Where: Malkin Bowl at Stanley Park
- When: Friday August 14, doors open at 7 p.m.
- What: Go laugh off your work week with Chris Gordon. You might know him from his Coors Light Beer commercial or as Contrell on Season 3 of the AMC western Hell On Wheel. Even if you don’t know him go check it out. End your Friday with a chuckle.
- Where: Century Plaza Hotel & Spa –1015 Burrard Street
- When: Friday, August 14, at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- What: Two hours, five courses, seven tastings, nine stories. Summer is over, forget the beach body. Go have some fun an enjoy the best food trucks Vancouver has to offer.
- Where: 855 Burrard Street and Smithe Street
- When: Friday August, 14 at 10:45 a.m.
- What: If you already miss the Vancouver Folk Festival, you can go an get your folk fix at the Fox Cabaret watching Rising Appalachia in concert.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street
- When: Friday August, 14, doors open at 7 p.m.
- What: Want to time travel to Vancouver in the 1920s? This tour will take you through the alley’s of Chinatown to experience the sex, drugs and bootlegging dens from a century ago.
- Where: Vancouver Police Museum – 240 E Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Friday until October 16; 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.