July has almost passed us by. Celebrate the start of a brand new month with a few of the awesome things to do in Vancouver today.
For more events, check out the Vancity Buzz Event Calendar.
- What: One of Vancouver’s most fun independent shows, Jokes Please! brings local professional and amateur stand-up comedians, and a few special guests, together for your entertainment. With hosts Ivan Decker, Ross Dauk, and Andy Kallstrom keeping things moving and fun, this is a show you shouldn’t miss.
- Where: The Little Mountain Gallery – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 30; 8 p.m.
- What: The hottest summer on record can only be honoured one way: a movie about the sun-blasted hellscape that is future Australia. Gasoline, leather, mutated rock monsters, ill-advised body modifications; it is a future as exciting as it is terrifying.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, July 30; 6:45 p.m.