Dear Taylor Swift,
Welcome to Vancouver! It’s been waiting for you!
Now that our city is next up on your 1989 Tour, we thought we would give you a little introduction to Vancouver and offer up a nice itinerary specifically tailored (see what we did there?) to you.
Just take our hand and let us show you incredible things.
1. You’re getting better, but if you want to work on your dance moves, you could head to Robson Square to shake it off with free ballroom dancing on Friday night or salsa on Sunday.
2. You know what would get a lot of Instagram likes? Taking a selfie with Olivia and Meredith in front of this cat mural in Kitsilano.
3. In case you run out of cross stitch materials, there is a Michaels on Alberni Street. It’s probably really close to wherever you’re staying. Who know’s maybe they’ll have a 1 a.m. party.
4. Take those long legs of yours for a walk down to Purebread Bakery for some baking inspiration and fulfill your wildest dreams with some of the most delicious cakes, brownies, croissants, cookies, scones, brioches, meringues and more in Vancouver.
This is a S’mores Brownie that may literally kill you with deliciousness.
5. There’s something you have to see in West Vancouver and it is this sign on Highway 1.
6. We can only imagine how many tubes of red lipstick you have, but if you need another one for those cherry lips, or just want to be in girly heaven, find the Kiss & Makeup shop on Manitoba Street in Olympic Village.
Plus, this is an outfit we think you’d like:
7. We know you love antique shopping, so maybe head over to Gild & Co on West 10th Avenue and get yourself this cool vintage disco ball/chandelier. It may be more 1889 than 1989, but you’ll still like it.
8. Since you’re a brand-new godmother, you should pick up baby Leo a cute onesie. We did some scouring and found this organic cotton one at Parade. Because, foxes.
9. We’re a city that lets boys and boys and girls and girls be out and proud so come join us for the Vancouver Pride Parade on Sunday.
10. There are 108 Starbucks locations in Vancouver, so plenty of places to hang out with your long list of Starbucks lovers.
AKA this guy: