Sunshine is in the forecast! So change out of your work clothes, throw on some shorts and a t-shirt and go enjoy the first day of the weekend!
If you’re all dressed up with no where to go, here are 5 things happening in Vancouver today.
For more daily events, check out the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: It’s back to celebrate its 38th year! Over 60 performers from at least 15 countries. Go to enjoy the view, food and fun while listening to some of the best folk artists around. Tickets starting from $40.
- Where: 3941 Point Grey Road, Jericho Beach Park
- When: Various times from Fri. July 17 to Sun. July 19
- What: Anime Evolution is hosted by The Vancouver Anime Convention Society. Convention events vary from cosplay contests to autograph signings from voice actors Daisuke Sakaguchi and Sarah Williams.
- Where: 6138 Student Union Blvd
- When: Various times from July 17th to Sun. July 19
- What: Beer gardens, 15 food trucks and over 150 vendors, what more could you ask for on a Friday night?
- Where: 15 Wallace Mews, North Vancouver at Shipyards Plaza
- When: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. every Friday until September 25
- What: Yes, you read that right. Even though us muggles can’t fly, we can still play Quidditch; we just look a bit foolish but the fun is worth it. If you want to try hopping on a broom while hunting the Snitch, then this is for you.
- Where: 1455 Quebec Street, Creekside Park
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- What: Who could say no to sleeping over at science world? You get to experience a OMNIMAX® film, hands-on exploration of Science World galleries, a live science show and even an evening snack. Tickets will not be sold at the door, please purchase them online.
- Where: 1455 Quebec Street, Science World
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.