The only day of the week that is worse than a Monday is a Tuesday – you’re still far away from the weekend and yet it isn’t the start of the week, a universally hated day that brings co-workers closer together through a mutual distaste for work and a desire to discuss the happenings of the weekend past. It simply exists to prolong the work week.
Well, stop being so down about it. Here are five fun activities happening in Metro Vancouver today, Tuesday, July 14, that’ll help you through this weekday purgatory.
For more daily events, check out the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Bastille Day is France’s National Day, and Granville Island is hosting an event to celebrate all things French with a variety of activities including, live music, photo booths and a giant picnic.
- Where: 1661 Duranleau Street, Granville Island, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 14, 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- What: Ten storytellers share their writing in an evening of stories ranging from tearjerking to titillating, personal to historical, fantasy to fantastic.
- Where: 4468 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 14, 8 to 10 p.m.
- What: The Evo Summer Cinema Series is back, and this Tuesday they’ll be showing the John Hughes classic The Breakfast Club.
- Where: Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 14, movie starts at dusk, but get there early for a good spot!
- What: Every Tuesday, Colin Sharp and James Kennedy present a showcase of the finest comedians In Vancouver. For only $5 you can catch comedians you’ve seen on HBO, Just For Laughs, on tour at comedy clubs across the country.
- Where: 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 4, 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- What: Arguably the most fun you can have on a weekday in Vancouver (depending on who you ask), enjoy three exhilarating sets of belly dancers, drag performers, comedy, thrilling live stunts, contortionists, burlesque, and random hilariousness all in one show.
- Where: Guilt & Company – 1 Alexander St., Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, July 4, 8 to 11:30 p.m.