Bored and bothered by the boiling weather? Well, don’t waste the day away and go catch some sun rays at one of the five eventful things happening today.
For more events, visit our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Every year, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the Kitsilano Showboat offers free and engaging performances on their outdoor stage. This Monday catch Urbana and Peggy Peat School of Dance. Performances start at 7 p.m.
- Where: 2300 Cornwall at Kitsilano Beach
- When: All programs start at 7 p.m.
- What: Are you a narcissis who wants to learn more about yourself? Or maybe you just want to learn more about narcissism. Well today you can go catch Narcissism: Self-esteem, Self-confidence, Arrogance or More? Presented by Dr. Sandeep Atwal. The workshop is free and open to the public.
- Where: 350 West Georgia (Central Branch, Alice MacKay Room, Lower Level)
- When: 7 p.m.
- What: Nothing says Canada like a delicious bowl of poutine. Frities is hosing the Poutine Festival to help get you in the Canadian Day spirit. It’s buy one get one free on all poutines, every purchase gains you an entry to their Canada Day giveaways and, if you’re Canadian enough you can attempt their 1st annual Poutine Eating contest. Every day the 100th poutine will be given away for free.
- Where: 1011 Granville Street
- When: June 25 to July 1
- What: The 30th annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival heats up summer in the city with one impeccable lineup. Today’s events: Dan Reynolds Trio, Tommy Babin’s Benzene, Phronesis, Tower of Power.
- Where: Various locations – see website.
- When: Various times – see website. Festival runs June 18 to July 1.
- What: Absorb yourself in the interesting stories and happenings in the tech-industry from those who have first-hand experience. Get inspired at this open-mic styled event. Storytellers include: Michael Tippett, Michelle Reid, Sarah McCredie, Alexandra Samuels, Jayesh Parmar, Eveline Xia, Colin Sharp, Bonnie Foley-Wong, Sonia Chhinji.
- Where: Hootsuite 5 E 8th Avenue
- When: 7 p.m.