With summer just around the corner, there’s plenty to see and do East of the Port Mann this summer. Here’s a peek into what’s going on in Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack this June.
Surrey Night Market
The only multi-cultural night market in the Fraser Valley, offering a wide variety of food vendors, services and live performances.
- When: May 29 to Sep 20, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Where: Cloverdale Exhibition Grounds, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Cost: $2 for adults, children are free
- Website: surreynightmarket.com
Arts 2015 Opening Reception
An exhibition and award ceremony to celebrate art making and collaboration between the Arts Council of Surrey, Surrey Art Gallery and local artists.
- When: June 26, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Surrey Art Gallery
- Cost: Free
- Website: surrey.ca/arts
Greek Food Festival
A traditional Greek festival featuring authentic dishes, Greek pastries, live music and speciality items.
- When: June 5 to June 14
- Time: Weekends noon to 10 p.m., weekdays 4 to 10 p.m.
- Where: 13181 – 96th Avenue, Surrey
- Website: facebook.com/SurreyGreek
Langley Community Farmers’ Market
A tasty outdoor market with over 40 vendors and local produce.
- When: May 20 to Oct 14, every Wednesday, 2 to 6.30 p.m.
- Where: Kwantlen Polytechnic University Campus
- Website: langleycommunityfarmersmarket.com
Father’s Day Annual Wine & Swine
A charity fundraiser with wine pairing stations, BC guide dogs and live local music.
- When: June 21, 11.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Township 7 Vineyards & Winery
- Cost: $40 + taxes
- Website: Tickets available at club7.township7.com
A mini-triathlon featuring youth, adult and relay team categories.
- When: June 14 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Al Anderson Memorial Pool
- Cost: $45 for youth, $70 for adult
- Info: Call 604-514-2865 to register
Wine & Beer Festival
A silent auction with wine and beer tasting along with blues music, appetizers and door prizes.
- When: June 6 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Sevenoaks Shopping Centre
- Cost: $40 each. Ticket price includes five tasting tickets and appies and must be purchased in advanced
- Phone: 604-855 0252
- Website: abbotsfordmatsquirotary.com
Walk for Down Syndrome Awareness
A 2.2km walk to raise awareness and funds to support families and children with Down syndrome.
- When: June 20, 10 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Where: Mill Lake
- Website: Register online at raiseathon.ca/fvdsswalk
Ryder Lake Ramble
A chance to explore the natural beauty, exotic animals and garden paths around Ryder Lake.
- When: June 13, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and June 14, noon to 5 p.m.
- Where: Ryder Lake
- Cost: $5 per person, $15 per carload
- Info: Tickets available at the Ryder Lake Hall
Corks & Canvas
An evening of artsy fun with wine and painting tips from a local artist.
- When: June 4, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Where: The Art Room 20-5725 Vedder Road
- Cost: $29 per person
- Info: Call 604-769-2787 or email@example.com