Summer means the city heats up in a big way, and we couldn’t be more excited. Besides heading to Kits beach and exploring popular patios, you’ll want to make room in your calendar for these amazing, super-fun experiences and must-do activities. Ready, set, summer!
Be sure to use the Vancity Buzz promo code VCBSUN at the checkout and get another $5 off.
Make a splash at Splashdown Park
With 13 slides, including the locally renowned Black Hole, Splashdown is a place where people of all ages can go out for some fun. More advanced and risk taking water sliders will definitely be drawn to slides like Oliver Twist, Kamikaze and the Corkscrew, which provide 425 feet of twists and turns.
- Exclusive offer: $25 for an All-Day Pass for Two People to Splashdown Park – Combine Multiple Vouchers for Large Groups (50% Off)
Have a gourmet picnic in Stanley Park
Dine al fresco in the beautiful nature of Stanley Park with Picnix and watch them turn your picnic experience into pure joy, taking care of all the details so you can concentrate on having fun. Enjoy your locally sourced meal out of handcrafted wooden wagons and nibble on delicious vegetable crisps, seasonal green salad, Japanese noodle salad and your choice of charcuterie, cheese or antipasto platters, plus dessert and fresh fruit.
- Exclusive offer: $69 for Gourmet Picnic at Stanley Park with Umbrella and Bocce Ball Set, Tax Included (30% Off)
Participate in Canada’s largest urban adventure race
Test both your fitness and your mind this Saturday June 27, 2015 with GoodLife Fitness City Chase. Here’s how it works: when the chase starts, your team of two will get a clue sheet, then decipher it to find the locations of hidden ChasePoints located throughout the city. Next, navigate your way through 10 of those ChasePoints and get back to the Start/Finish line to claim victory and find your way to the after party.
- Exclusive offer: $75 for GoodLife Fitness City Chase Team Admission with Race T-Shirts, Taxes and All Fees Included (53% Off)
Watch Killer Whales in the wild
Enjoy abundant wildlife, kayaking, hiking, spacious safari tents and evening campfires on this all-inclusive four-day Vancouver Island adventure. This Orca Camp kayak vacation takes you to a no road access camp located beside the famous Robson Bight killer whale sanctuary. Each day, delicious gourmet meals focused on local ingredients are served up in the camp’s heated communal tent making this a highly rated experience not to be missed.
- Exclusive offer: $899 for All-Inclusive Four-Day Orca Camping & Kayaking Trip for One Person (30% Off)
Try a real-life escape game
Teamwork? More like teamfun. Take on one of TIXE’s three thrilling adventure rooms together, solving riddles and puzzles before time runs out. Try the Exile District, the Hyperbolic Chamber, or the Time Shrine in the newest, largest escape game. And once you do, relive your triumph with your friends over a scrumptious bowl of gelato together.
- Exclusive offer: $65 and up for Admission to Real-Life Escape Room Experience Game for 4, 6 OR 8 People Plus Single Scoop of Gelato (Up to 66% Off)
Beat the heat at Harrison WaterSports
Warning: this post may cause sudden urges for weekend to arrive immediately. If you’re looking for a great way to cool off this summer, then get ready to get wet and wild at Harrison Hot Springs inflatable water park. There is plenty of fun for the whole family with the obstacle course, water slides, and lots of opportunities for cannonball-ing. You’ll especially love the bumper boats, with powered squirt guns, plus there’s a resort and spa for those who need to soak up some relaxation.
- Exclusive offer: $21 for Admission to Harrison Hot Springs Inflatable Water Park for One Person OR $29 for Two Bumper Boats with Electric Squirt Gun Rentals (Up to 31% Off)
Experience a Bubba Soccer game
Some Vancouverites call this the most padded sport to hit the market. Wrap yourself and nine friends in high quality bubble wrap, and take contact sports to the next level. Enjoy one-hour of deflections and (depending on your bumping skills) rejections as you and your team bound down the field aiming for the goal.
- Exclusive offer: $10 and up for drop-in admission to bubble soccer game or one-hour bubble suits rental for 10 people, with venue options (Up to 54% Off)
Sail Around Downtown with Harbour Cruises
If you’re just sailing through life without enjoying it, treat yourself to a fully-narrated waterway tour of Vancouver’s most beautiful spots. See what Burrard Inlet looks like from the water, explore great sights like Port Metro, historic Gastown, the North Shore Mountains, our beautiful skyline and much more with this truly memorable cruise.
- Exclusive offer: $38 and up for One-Hour Vancouver Harbour Tour for Two OR Four Adults (46% Off)
Explore Whistler on an EBike
Biking around Whistler is incredible, and it just got easier to see all the sights, thanks to WhistlerElectricBikeTours.com. EBikes provide all the advantages of a regular bicycle, but with the ability to pedal up the hills as comfortably as riding down, letting you power through your tour like a pro. Go on a scenic tour thru old growth forests, Blackcomb Village and so much more.
- Exclusive offer: $69 for Three-Hour Guided Electric Bike Tour in Whistler (47% Off)
Tackle Thompson River with a rafting adventure
We’re going to wow you with this revelation: adrenaline is waterproof. Jump on the river and pump yourself up with a 4.5-hour Thompson River afternoon rafting adventure. This trip will awaken all of your senses with fantastic scenery and roaring waves combined with the open air of British Columbia’s great outdoors. Your aquatic experience includes a scientifically balanced formula of a beautiful location, all the gear you’ll need, and all the excitement you could want.
- Exclusive offer: $83 for 4.5-Hour Thompson River Afternoon Power River Rafting Adventure for One Person (44% off)
For more activities go to socialshopper.com