Vancouver, and the world, is invited to celebrate the beautiful game of soccer in downtown Vancouver this summer!
The City of Vancouver and FIFA are inviting everyone to join them at the FREE Fan Zone at Cambie and Georgia during the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015.
Twelve days of free, family-friendly soccer celebrations are planned to welcome the world and share the spirit of the World Cup with Vancouverites and visitors alike.
“Vancouver’s fan zone will be the largest one in Canada and we’re the only host city where all of the sponsors will have activations,” Michelle Collens, Manager of Sport Hosting for the City of Vancouver, told Vancity Buzz.
“This includes Adidas, Budweiser, Coca-Cola, KIA Motors, Trend Micro… and FIFA will also have its own activation, the only one in any of the cities during the tournament. The public can walk into an interactive women’s locker room exhibit.”
What can you expect at the Fan Zone? Activities will include:
- Big screens: Live soccer match broadcasts on a big screen.
- Live music: Great local acts reflecting diversity and strong female performers will be showcased on the main stage
- Soccer demos: Exhibition soccer tournaments will take place, and professional freestyle footballer Laura Biondo will perform three 15-minute sets daily.
- Meet the athletes: Daily player appearances are your chance to get autographs. Plus, meet the mascots!
- Hands-on activities: Test your soccer skills with shoot out games, reaction challenge, skills drills with SFU & UBC women’s soccer coaches and more! Plus, visit the FIFA Fan Experience to learn about the history of soccer and more.
- Food and drink: Look for an array of food trucks themed by the countries playing that day, plus purchase beer in the main area. Free Coca Cola samples are available at the Perfect Serve tent.
- Contests and giveaways: Tweet a photo with the #VanFanZone hashtag and you’ll be entered to win a pair of tickets to a Women’s World Cup game!
Plan your visit: head to vancouver.ca/fanzone for detailed schedules of activities and more.
Or follow the City of Vancouver on social media to keep up with what’s happening.
FIFA Women’s World Cup Vancouver Fan Zone
Dates and Times
- Saturday, June 6 from noon to 7 p.m. (CANADA vs. CHINA match; opening match)
- Monday, June 8 from 3 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 11 from noon to 9 p.m. (CANADA vs. NEW ZEALAND match)
- Friday, June 12 from noon to 9 p.m.
- Monday, June 15 from noon to 8 p.m. (CANADA vs. NETHERLANDS match)
- Tuesday, June 16 from noon to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 21 from 9:30am to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 23 from 3 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27 from noon to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 30 from noon to 7 p.m. (Semifinal)
- Wednesday, July 1 from noon to 8 p.m. (Happy Canada Day!)
- Saturday, July 4 from noon to 8 p.m. (Third Place Match)
- Sunday, July 5 from noon to 8 p.m. (Championship Final)
Location: Larwill Park in downtown Vancouver – 688 Cambie Street (Cambie at Georgia)
Note: An all-ages, family-friendly event with activities, live music and screenings of the games. The entire site is also a beer garden.